December 08, 2011

Connecting the dots

I understand what Steve Jobs said when he said his speech on 'connecting the dots' . For a year I wondered what was I doing teaching English in an Engineering College. I do love my students, but my job felt meaningless (considering how the Engineering students in India feel they need know English, no matter how pathetic their language is) Of course when the foreign students came along, it was a blessing and an honour to teach them and realise the joys of this profession and how rewarding it can be. I did miss teaching literature in a degree college, I felt my talents were better suited for a school or a degree college NOT professional one.
That is when I got to talk to this girl in yes plus, who I had the fortune of meeting:) and it was these year in Engineering College that made me realise Engineering and Arts are not at the logger heads. It was my year in this college that I worked which helped me talk to her the words that she needed at that time:) What more to say, She got the nudge that was needed. ( nudge was all that she required, not even a push) :)
So what I thought was meaningless somehow made sense. If my one year of work helped me realise what she needed to hear which in turn changed her life.. then I must say, the Universe is super intelligent! It is my stupidity that I doubt the Intelligence and its ways:):) and Universe has a very nice way of making me realise it :):)

Dedicated to the one who always has a way with me; for whose presence in my life I amsuper duper forever grateful for and to the Universe for bestowing me with THAT presence

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel connecting the dots is always happening. There is nothing above connection. But its that Aho! moment when we go 'Wow', there is a connection. I know whatever you take up, the 'Perfectionist' in you makes you realise it sooner or later :)